- Energy Industry Fundamentals (August 30–31, 2012): Our first event of the year is a comprehensive, multi-day workshop that is coordinated with incoming student orientation to educate first-year students about career paths and opportunities in the energy industry. See last year's conference here.
- Duke MBA Energy Conference (November 28, 2012): Our keynote conference is a one-day event focused on bringing together thought leaders to discuss critical issues facing the industry. It is open to all Duke University graduate students.
- Week-in-Cities Trips (Fall 2012 and Winter 2013): These four-day trips introduce MBA students to energy companies in Houston and San Francisco for presentations, coffee chats, and networking events. See below for last year's examples of company visits. See below for last year's visit flyers.
- Spring Symposium. We will hold a major spring event. Possibilities include Energy in Emerging Markets and a Cleantech Symposium. Either event would host panels and speakers from energy to bring cutting-edge conversations of energy and international development or clean technology investment to Fuqua.
- Virtual Informational Interview: We will visit companies virtually to facilitate discussions between energy firms and MBA students to educate students on the industry and companies within it.
- Site Visits: We organize local and regional site visits with energy related companies and development projects: company headquarters, power plants, trading floors, and other such sites.
- Partnership with Fuqua’s Center for Energy, Development and Global Environment (EDGE): The club works with EDGE to regularly host leading speakers from around the world to engage in the industry’s most pressing global issues and cutting edge technology.
- Energy Case Competitions: Our club fields competitive teams at major energy-focused MBA case competitions around the country, and Fuqua is earning a reputation for strong performance. In 2012, Fuqua MBA teams placed in the finals in the Michigan Renewable Energy Case Competition and the National Net Impact Case Competition.