Leadership Cohort Experience (LCE)
Application for the Leadership Cohort Experience can be found below. The deadline to complete the application is Monday, September 23 at 11:59 PM:
The Leadership Cohort Experience is a unique opportunity for MBA first years who are interested in interacting with C-level business leaders and other executives from around the business world to hear their views and experiences on developing the leadership of tomorrow on a highly interactive and participative small group setting.
Each term, an outstanding group of 25 first year students is selected through an application process to engage in these discussions around leadership with executives that visit Duke and Fuqua. The small group format supports a closer and deeper interaction with speakers and fellow cohort participants. During breakout sessions small groups discuss the key topics introduced during the session promoting total participation, interaction and self-reflection from participants.
Leadership Cohort participants will attend 1.5 hour sessions on a bi-weekly basis for the term they apply and are selected for. The only requirement for selection into the Cohort is a commitment to attend each of the weekly LCE sessions.
Participants will have the opportunity to come back to the LCE the term after their participation to become a student moderator for the next LCE session. Furthermore, past participants of the LCE will have the opportunity during their Second Year to return and share their experiences about how the LCE helped them become better leaders to future LCE participants.
In last year’s end-of-year LCE survey, 100% of respondents said that they would recommend this experience to first-years.
Past speakers include:
- Scott Starr, GE Leadership Program, and GroSolar (Topic: Leading at all levels)
- Philipp Hensler, Executive Vice President and Head of Distribution for Oppenheimer FundsInc. (Topic: Authentic Leadership)
- David Cutcliffe, Duke Head Football Coach (Topic: Leading in a new Organization)
- Katherine McClendon, Sabre Director of Strategy (Topic: Leading at all levels)
- Jim McCaffrey, Turner Broadcasting Chief Strategy Officer (Topic: Leading Globally)
- Philipp Hensler, Executive Vice President and Head of Distribution for Oppenheimer Funds Inc. (Topic: Authentic Leadership)
- Special Event: Rick Wagoner, retired CEO and Chairman, General Motors
- Special Event: Jim Quigley, Former CEO, Deloitte
For more information on the Leadership Cohort Experience, please contact your COLE Leadership Fellow.